Sunday, June 26, 2011

Paper Players Challenge #53-A Sketch Challenge

Hello and Happy Sunday to you! It's that time again. Time for another fun challenge over at the Paper Players. This week our fearless leader, Lesley, has whipped up a super sketch to try. Also, it is the 1-year anniversary of the Paper Players blog! How great is that? We hope you will join us in the celebration this week! 
For my card, I decided to showcase the brand new Pocketful of Posies DSP coming out in the new Stampin' Up! Catalog on July 1st. I love this color combo of Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede and Whisper White. I originally was going to make a masculine-themed card with this mix, but remembered that I needed an anniversary card...so that's what I went with. The list of supplies can be found at the end of the post. 
Here is a quick shot of the inside of the card, using a sentiment from the (ret.) Best Yet set: 
We sure hope you will join us, with your creation, over at the Paper Players. Be sure to hop on over to visit the rest of the Design Team to see their lovely creations: 

The Paper Players Design Team: 
Cindy Beach - June GD

Thank you so much for stopping by. Before I go, I wanted to share a "special" photo of mine, not only for my fellow Paper Players DT gals (*wink, wink*), but because I really think everyone can enjoy this one. That's right, even Matt Damon LOVES the Paper Players...and that is a REALLY good reason to play along this week! :)  

Have a HAPPY day today! 


Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes and Best Yet (ret.) 
Ink: Early Espresso Classic ink
Paper: Pocketful of Posies.DSP (new 2011-2012 catty), Early Espresso, Baja Breeze and Whisper White card stock
Accessories:  1 3/8" Circle punch, Scalloped Circle punch, 2-Step Bird punch, Signo Uni-Ball White Gel pen, Stampin' Dimensionals and Basic Rhinestones

24 comments:

  1. Okay...I laughed my head off when I saw the photo at the end of your post! You must have been itchin' to post this all day! LOL! Thanks for the laugh AM! By the way, I love your card and the cool new DSP is calling my name...or maybe that is Matt calling my name...? A girl can dream right????
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card,Anne Marie. I like the color combi and the DP looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAHH!! What a great photo!!!! I laughed out loud too!!!! and I love your card! Great use of that beautiful new DSP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I was not going to like this designer paper. Was NOT going to order it. This card just ruined that, so I guess I'll go ahead and add it to my growing wish list. :) Very awesome card. I love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Anne Marie!! I love the sketch & the colors you used.....I may have to give this a try! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabby card Anne Marie - the color combination looks great with those blocks of DSP.

    And you are welcome to come and stamp with me any time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann Marie I love your card and colors too. I really like mixed DSP patterns and this is no exception. Your little birdie is so cute with bling for an eye. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful. Love those wonderful colors together too.
    So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, now I really can't wait to get my hands on that DP! It's gorgeous, your card highlights that so well! I love the repeating element of all those dots. It's great to see an anniversary card that's stunning yet not too fussy.

    Glad to see you snagged more than just comments with this post, I'm joining in the laughter too. :)

    Thanks for your very kind words to me. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card, Anne Marie! I love the coordinated wing...and of course, the bling! As for Matt, I am so disappointed that he could not "bee" there for me when I needed him yesterday. Now I know why...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful papers!!!!!! And I love that bird sittin' on that circle!!!

    Great anniversary card!!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!! I absolutely love it and the DSP too. Can't wait to order it. See how ya are? Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the DSP you used.. such a beautiful card. I should try that layout tomorrow. I didn't get any stamping time in today.. darn it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's beautiful, Anne!! I, too, love the color combination... but what did me in was that bird and his bling and his matching DSP wing. *adorable*

    Okay, I have to say who's that hot chick with my Matt? kekekee... you two make a beautiful couple!!! nope, not a bit jealous... not at all... ok, maybe just a teeny, tiny bit. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ROTFL!!! Clearly you have been holding out on us AM. You and Matt are so cute together--so happy and in love! Seriously? That photo looks way too real! Anywhooo, adore your card as always. Great job highlighting this gorgeous DSP. Love the three different DSP panels and the birdie is the perfect touch! Fabulous job, my friend! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I love this card! You've got your own unique style, and I love following what you're creating.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the picture! Some ladies will do anything to get people to check out their blog!(wink!) This DSP is so great! Love the way it can be masculine or 'pretty' depending on how you use it. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card and I love the photo! That is my favorite new app for my iPhone. I've had way too much fun creating some hilarious photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MY GOSH.....you are TOOOO funny! I (ahem) was not even sure if I knew what Matt Damon looked like, but I was pretty sure I knew what YOU looked like! What does DH think of that??!!!! LOL!!
    Well, anyway, after I've picked myself up off the floor, I must tell you that your card is LOVELY. I didn't think that DP was anything special, but I think I am going to like it after seeing your card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hate this time of year ... when us Aussies start seeing sneak peeks of the new catty ... and we still have to wait another 3 months before it is released in AUS!!! Sigh!!! But ... that DSP looks delicious ... and you have done a gorgeous job of putting this design together! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome design and beautiful design papers. Love how you did the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your creations amaze me Anne Marie! I just love the sketch and what you have done with it. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card AM... I love what you did with this challenge. It's pure gorgeousness!
    Mmmmm. talking about pure gorgeousness..... lets discuss your photo :-) I need to go check out this website.
    BTW... Matt really is just as gorgeous in real life. Not only is he handsome, hes really grounded and not at all a male-diva. Now... if only he would introduce me to George !
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful card! I love the DP mix you used. Check out the bling - totally loving it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie